12/02/2011

Blogmas #2 - I look forward to:

So... I had actually planned on blogging EVERY day in December up to Christmas, but I failed at the very first day. But it honestly wasn't my entire fault...Well, actually it was... Anyways, yesterday I was so sick I had to sleep the entire afternoon and wasn't able to do pretty much anything, so blogging was out of the window for me.

Anyways, I really hope I can make it up to you in blogging every day from now on. And because tomorrow's weekend and I'm still out with a cold and feeling pretty much like an elephant trampled over me, I'm pretty sure I'll find the time to write something.

So for today, I'd like to tell you what I look forward to the most for Christmas:
- cookies: I loove Christmas cookies. Not only eating them, but also baking. It's just a wonderful feeling to be in the kitchen for a couple of hours, smelling the delicious flavors of the different cookies and later be able to indulge in them. Be sure to read some recipes in later blogs!

- the calender: In Germany and I think also other countries in central Europe, we have a tradition. Every child (or whoever feels like a child!) gets a calender with 24 little doors, or presents, each present for the days from the 1st December up until the 24th. Most of these calenders contain little chocolate figurines, but you can also make the calenders on your own, with little presents varying from lipbalm to fluffy socks! Most of these presents could be found in a stocking, but we don't have that in Germany, so we compensate with the calender. This year, my best friend Mia have decided to give little presents to each other, so we have a little chocolate calender, as well as a slightly bigger one, with more personal little presents. I'm SOO looking forward to them!!

- the music: I am in love with Christmas carols. Personally I think there's nothing that can make the Christmas time better than the music accompanying it. It just makes me all fuzzy and... it's just lovely...

- snow: Now, I'm not a wintery kind of person. I really don't like the cold and snow is pretty much the last thing on my wish list. Except for Christmas. I think Christmas is only a real Christmas if there's at least a little bit of snow on the ground. It makes it all the more comfortable to sit inside, cuddled into a blanket, a cup of tea at your side, reading a good book and just feeling content. And that's what I love about Christmas: the content feeling that comes with knowing you are right where you belong to be: in the midst of your loved ones

So I'll see you tomorrow, I promise!
Until then, xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment