12/08/2011

BLogmas#8

I'm sooooorrrryyyyy.... =(
I'm a horrible blogger... really, I just couldn't get myself to write anything in the last to days... I got back to being sick and that meant sleeping the whole afternoon... And yesterday I had a workload of stuff to do for school, so anything else was pretty much not in the picture... okay, that's a lie, I watched the new glee episode... three times?=D I don't know if you know, but I'm in LOVE with Glee. Like, really very much. Angry Blaine was... RAWR!! =)

What I actually wanted to talk about today was my favorite books. I'm a big big book nerd and I spend a whole lot of money on Amazon to get new books. Here are a few of my favorites:

1) The Hunger Games Trilogy: BLOODY BRILLIANT, pun intended! I haven't finished Mockingjay yet, but I really liked the other ones. I would suggest everyone who likes good books to read them, preferably in English, because, for example, the German translations in almost every book sucks. Big time.

2) Books by John Green: I don't even have to take a specific one, because all of his books are amazing. Well written, funny, sad at times, with a whole lot of pop culture references? That's really all you need to have a good book, don't you think? I can't wait to get my copy of his latest novel, 'The fault in our stars'. OH, yeah, it'll be signed!

3) 'Anna and the french Kiss', by Stephany Perkins: SO ROMANTIC AND SWEET! I read it in two days, it was just soo lovely!

4) '13 little blue envelopes', by Maureen Johnson: Also, a really great book, along with its sequel, though I liked the first one better. It's cool to see a person travel because someone else wants her to... Might sound weird like this, but you'll get what I mean when you have read it. It's really cool.

5) 'Just don't fall', by Josh Sundquist: It's a little out of order with the other ones, because this is a biography of paralympic competetor Josh Sundquist. It's his story how he coped with his cancer and his life to success, even though he has only one leg. It's really emotional and inspiring.

6) 'Mr God, this is Anna', by Fynn: This book, this little book, has such a pretty message. I bought the book after beginning to listen to the audiobook, only because I wanted to have it in my hands and be able to highlight things. It's such an amazing book, even if it only tells you about a little girl, the most inspiring little girl you'd EVER meet. I can only reccomend it!

I think that's it for now. So some people could think now, why I didn't include the Harry Potter books. You know, Harry Potter's just not only a book to me, it needs its own category. It's a life-filling world of complete and utter awesome. There, I said it. Harry Potter's not just a book, it's an attitude to life.

Until then, keep reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment