12/11/2011

blogmas #11

Okay, so I really wanted to post something yesterday. I really wanted to tell you about my gift shopping trip. And I had planned to do it after reading a few pages of Mockingjay(SO GOOD). And I honestly wanted to close my eyes for only a little moment, but when I woke up it was 8.30... I was still wearing the big hoodie from the night before, for heaven's sake! I'm glad I didn't die of heat during the night!!

So I guess I have to tell you now...

It started in a huge chaos! My friend that I went with had texted me saying she would pick me up at my place at 9.45 so we could go to the train station by car. You have to know, it had started snowing the night before and it was like really bad outside. Knowing me, I would've fallen had I walked to the train... So I was waiting for her at 9.45. And I was waiting, and waiting, and waiting, but she didn't show up. I was really starting to worry, because the streets were icy and there could've been an accident. There wasn't. She arrived, like, 8 minutes before the train was supposed to leave, apologizing profusely. She had had to wait at the traffic lights for almost ten minutes, because they had been acting crazy and wouldn't turn green. In the end she followed the car in front of her driving at red.... So we rush to the train station, well, we rushed the good we could, and arrived at the train in time. So we hurry towards the platform and we are, like, a foot infront of the rails, when the barriers go down, keeping us from reaching the train on time. It really were maybe 10 seconds!! You can imagine how frustrated we were.

After thinking about what we would do, we decided against waiting for an hour to catch the next train and drove to the nearest bigger city by car. We actually didn't want to go there, because it doesn't have a Starbuck', but we really weren't in the mood of waiting.
And the trip there actually paid out well. I got soo much stuff, though most of it are not really presents at all. I felt kinda bad at the end of the day... Anyway, I got great stuff, so that's all that matters!

I guess I'll have to do some more gift shopping where I live, now, but that's okay...
I really just wanted to tell you about my adventure!
Until then,
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment