9/05/2011

End of an Era

Can a summer job change a person? At the beginning of this summer, I thought no way, that's not possible, but now?

Today was the last day at my summer job, selling souvenirs at our theatre. I never thought I'd have so much fun, make so many new friends and learn so many new things. But I did. And I wouldn't want to miss a single second of my three and a half months in my little store. We faced rain, much rain and cold winds, annoying little kids and their parents that just wouldn't stop nagging. But what didn't kill us only made us stronger as a team.
I don't know what I would have done had I worked some where else with different people, because people make an atmosphere feel good, nothing else.

The only thing I know I can say for sure is that this summer changed me for the better. I became more self-confident and sure in myself. I know now, that I can do everything, if I only want it. I believed in myself that, yes, I can face new people without knowing anyone and that yes, it's not bad to have your faults, because who hasn't. I was able to be myself and everyone accepted me the way I am. You can't always say that with the people that surround you on a daily basis, but the people I got to know in the last summer were all from the finest kind. Please don't ever change, okay?

So I'll just have to say, see you later, my dears from IV, until next year, when Winnetou starts saving the prairee again.

untill then, xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment