11/14/2011

25k and counting

WOW!
I really don't know if I told it on here, but I'm currently taking part in this thing called NaNoWriMo. It's a world wide event every year's November, where you attempt to write a novel in 30 days. It has to be at least 50.000 words. Which is a lot.
At first I thought I'd never make it. Sure, I write in my free time all I can, both Fanfiction and originals, but I always have a problem with finishing what I write.
When I started on the first of this month, I was promising myself not to stop with it. I have a nice story line with a few ups and downs, everything a good book needs. So I made myself a calender with nice and encouraging sentences for every day. And so far, it's going splendidly. I just reached the 25.000 word marker and I have a whole lot more of story line in my pretty little head. It's in my head, because I don't story board. I have problems with writing down rough drafts of what is supposed to happen and then actually writing it. It's just not my style...

What I actually just wanted to get out was that everyone can write a book, as long as you have a good idea and enough encouragement to pull through. Don't let yourself be told that you can't do it, because you're no trained writer. Really, every good novelist started out just like us, as an amateur.
So stay focused, as do I and finish that thing!!

Lots of love, encouragement and candy to devour
your Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment